Are you experiencing a dull, stabbing, or burning ache in your back? Back pain is caused by several factors, and only a qualified medical practitioner can help pinpoint the source of your pain.
With the help of Dr. Trevor Sykes, our chiropractor at Sykes Family Chiropractic LLC of Durham, CT, we hope to help shed some light on back pain. We will break down the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for back pain. This way, you can know when and where to get help when back pain knocks on your door.
Causes of Back Pain
If you've been suffering from back pain for some time, the following are likely causes:
- Ligament or muscle strain: Muscle or ligament strain can be caused in several ways. Commonly, people who exercise hard and pull muscles or tendons will experience pain in these areas two to three days after their exercise session. If you feel like your back is hurting, or if you have been diagnosed with low back pain, it's time to see a chiropractor.
- Herniated disks: Degenerative diseases, trauma, and other health conditions may cause your discs to rupture or protrude, pressing on spinal nerves, causing back pain.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a disease of the joints. It is characterized by pain, stiffness, inflammation, deformity, and disability. If you are suffering from back pain, it is recommended that you take the time to stay in touch with your doctor.
- Poor posture: If you sit, walk, or stand in an awkward posture, you may stress your spine, causing back pain.
- Trauma: Sports injuries, auto accidents, and work-related injuries may injure your back tendons, ligaments, and muscles, triggering back pain.
- Spinal stenosis: Narrowing of the vertebrae column puts pressure on the spinal nerves, causing back pain.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve is pressed, compressed, or irritated, you are likely to experience pain that radiates from the lower back to the legs.
The above list isn't exhaustive. There are other numerous causes of back pain that a professional chiropractor can help diagnose.
Symptoms of Back Injuries
If you've ever suffered a back injury, there's a good chance you know the symptoms. Below are some common symptoms you may experience:
- Dull, stabbing, or burning sensation on the back
- Pain that gets worse with prolonged sitting
- Weight loss
- Swelling or inflammation on the back
- Pain down your legs
- Urinary incontinence
Back Pain Treatment
Back pain can be excruciating, and unfortunately, many patients often endure months of pain before getting treatment. Chiropractic care can offer back pain relief using natural treatments.
When you visit Sykes Family Chiropractic LLC for back pain relief, our chiropractor uses chiropractic adjustments to relieve stress on your nervous system. Chiropractic exercises, massage therapy, nutritional counseling, and lifestyle advice are all crucial components of back pain management.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Durham, CT Today!
Have you been battling back pain for weeks and even months? You don't have to continue living like this. If you are in Durham, CT or the surrounding areas, schedule an appointment with us at Sykes Family Chiropractic LLC for back pain relief.